Microsoft finally launched the Xbox One X in India today. The console was originally unveiled at E3 in June last year and is priced at Rs 44,990. The console will be available for purchase from Flipkart, Amazon India and offline retail stores, starting today.
The console is targeted towards to serious gamers who like to game on consoles that support 4K games at 60 frames per second. The console comes bundled with one controller and other peripherals as well.
The Xbox One X supports every game that was released on Xbox One previously and is compatible with any other accessory users previously owned. The Xbox One X also has a separate library of existing games that run on a 4K resolution for a better gaming experience. Games such as ‘Gears of War 4’, ‘Forza Horizon 3’, ‘Minecraft, ‘Resident Evil 7’, ‘Final Fantasy 15’, ‘Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands’, ‘Rocket League’ and dozens of other popular Xbox One games will receive free updates to take advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox One X.
In terms of specs, the Xbox One X has an advantage over the PS4 Pro as it houses a 6.0 Teraflop AMD Radeon GPU and 12GB of GDDR5 RAM. In terms of storage, the Xbox One X has a 1 TB hard drive for digital downloads and also has a 4K Blu Ray DVD drive.
Highlights and specifications of the Xbox One X
• 8-core Custom AMD CPU clocked at 2.3GHz for enhanced AI, real-world detail, and smoother interactions in games
• 12GB GDDR5 graphics memory for the best performance
• 6 Teraflop GPU offers more detail and smoother animations when playing games in 4K
• 8GB Flash Memory, 1TB HDD Internal Storage
• 326 GB/sec memory bandwidth offers faster and detailed game graphics
• 40% increase in power, but it is the smallest console from Microsoft.
• Uses advanced liquid cooling and the supercharger-style centrifugal fan to ensure it stays cool.
• Uses the hovis method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system that custom tunes each console’s voltage to maximize performance and minimize power consumption
• 4K UHD Blu-ray Optical Disc Drive
• HDMI 2.0b (out), 2160p @ 60Hz, AMD FreeSync
• Audio: DTS 5.1, DOLBY Digital 5.1, TrueHD with Atmos, PCM 2.0, 5.1, 7.1
• Bluetooth Enabled (Activation button in front), WiFi (Dual band) with Wi-Fi Direct, IR Blaster, 3 x USB 3.0 Ports, IR Out, S/PDIF, Ethernet Port
At the event, Priyadarshi Mohapatra – Country General Manager, Consumer & Devices Sales, Microsoft India, said:
“We are delighted to offer gamers the world’s most powerful console with access to the largest and most diverse games lineup in Xbox history, including Forza Motorsport 7, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Cuphead and Super Lucky’s Tale, out of more than 1,300 titles and more than 220 exclusives available on the Xbox One X, just a few short months after the device’s global launch. We’ve listened to our community and are excited to be bringing this new console to Indian gamers.”
Photo: © Microsoft (Main Image)
Google CEO Sundar Pichai Says Artificial Intelligence Is More Profound Than Electricity Or Fire Besides Shopping, Here’s Everything That You Should Not Miss At The Dubai Shopping Festival The iPhone X May Be Discontinued This Year & Won’t Get A Price Cut Once Newer Models Are Out